Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Chamber of Speech

Chamber of Speech, The Ruins of Kaleth on Thyton



The Chamber of Speech is mentioned several times in surviving histories of Kaleth, though only in passing. The scrolls Jedi Knight Do Zonn obtained suggest the chamber was a repository of knowledge in some form, and reference a mysterious being who was master of the chamber’s lore. 

Attempts to fully examine the old machines in the Chamber of Speech have proved fruitless, as the battle droids that guard the ruin are particularly violent. There is evidence that the droids were programmed to return to the chamber if its other defenses failed. Whatever secrets the chamber hides, the ancients of Kaleth were careful to protect them. (Codex Text - Star Wars the Old Republic / SWTOR)








Ancient Computer (Ancient Tythonian machine)



Gatekeeper, the information and speech engine of Kaleth.


Gatekeeper: 
“CD!UDA4translation (Translation) matrix initiated. Power restored. Performing full systems check. Energy Levels: Critical. Date Storage: Critical. Speech and Intellect: Nominal. Network Access: None. I am the Gatekeeper. I have slept for over twenty thousand years. I am approaching total systems failure.”

Q: What, precisely, are you?


Gatekeeper:
“I am the information and speech engine of Kaleth. I control data storage and historical archives. I appear to be dying of extreme mechanical damage. I do not recognise you. But I was not made for curiosity and there is little time before I cease to function. I can transcribe any information you desire to a permanent record. This will be your only chance to recover this data.”

Q: Can't you be repaired?


Gatekeeper:
 “No, I am suffering from cascade failure. The flaws in my system are multiplying exponentially. My death is inevitable. Among the units of corrupted data, the histories of two of Kaleth’s greatest lords endure.”

Q: Tell me more about the lords. Who were they?


Gatekeeper:
“Avamarivish the Warrior-Poet was a sponsor of the arts and lover of many women. Maravada the Silent was a philosopher and a recluse. Avamarivish fought wars and built monuments to our people’s glory. Maravada’s reign was a time of peace and learning. You must choose whose history to keep.”

 Gatekeeper:
“This crystal contains the knowledge you seek. Let Kalath and Tython be remembered."


No comments:

Post a Comment