Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Hearts and Minds Messages


I know you can't see me, but imagine me giving you a well-deserved standing ovation, Commander! Your interview on the RNN is exactly what the people of the Republic needed. Seeing such a confident, formidable hero so resolute in the face of conflict will inspire millions. We are fortunate to have someone with your cachet on our side in dark times like these.

If time ever permits, you should come visit; tour our new facilities, speak to the troops! And drink tea, of course. I'm sure you'll be thrilled to learn that I've found a recipe for ryshcate that is the perfect companion to that Gatalentan blend I sent you earlier.

I digress. Keep up the good work, Commander! 



 An update on the situation with that AWOL frigate we discussed: the ship has been returned, though it did sustain superficial damage during initial contact, and we lost three escape pods when the defectors tried to flee. It's incredible how far the Empire gets into their heads--they're always more afraid of their own leadership than they are of their real enemies.

There were no casualties among the defectors or our repossession crew, so I'd call the operation a success. I appreciate your restraint in dealing with that crew. I can understand where they're coming from.


You did the right thing letting me run those extra ships to take on the Exchange. After those lowlifes came up against our laser cannons a few times, they backed off. I'm guessing it's not worth their time to mess with Zakuul if they have to fight their way onto the planet.

Without backup, I bet the rest of the Exchange thugs hanging around will cut and run. Things are still a mess down there, but at least it's our own Zakuulan mess and not some crime syndicate's playpen.

You didn't have to back me up on this, and I know it. I won't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment